Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. In anticipation of a potential award from USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno,Adamawa,Yobe) states, the following positions are open for consideration to all qualified candidates. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
*Kindly note that the advertised positions are contingent upon award.
Basic Function: The Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director will be responsible for technical leadership of the program, ensuring the implementation of high-quality, evidence-based interventions, and managing a team of senior technical staff and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee the quality of all technical activities, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure success.
- Ensure program adherence to internationally accepted technical norms and standards of practices
- Provide input into and assure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist implementing partners/grantees in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Oversee the programs collaborating, learning, and adapting process in collaboration with the Chief of Party.
- In collaboration with program leadership, apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and improvement and ensure that program best practices are documented and disseminated throughout the program cycle.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication and standards of practice among each partner organization.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of AHNi and USAID resources
- Ensure provision of management support and technical assistance to grantees on program design, budget/work plan development, and M&E planning.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates, as requested.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities, and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- Ensure that the most up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives shared via a range of mechanisms: including reports, newsletters, and the Internet.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the COP.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Deep understanding of Pact’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
B. Project Management
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
C. Technical Skills
- Strong experience in HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs programming with proven results
- Strong knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
D. People Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
- Ability to mentor others
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology or a related field is required (PEPFAR experience preferred).
- At least eight years’ experience working as a senior level manager in a public health program in a developing country.
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of the HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT, HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas like HSS, M&E, Gender etc.
- Progressive experience with HIV prevention, treatment and/or care and support programming including design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing programs in resource constrained countries.
- Demonstrated experience producing quality English-language communications products, such as progress reports, case studies, and research protocols.
- Experience interacting with developing country government, international organization, other bilateral donor and civil society representatives, and senior level government officials.
- At least three years of experience working with USG cooperative agreements or contracts in senior program management capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with civil society organizations and host country government counterparts.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org
Vacancy closes: Friday 11th February 2022
Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview